This is a highly researched and extremely effective way to significantly reduce tension and anxiety for the expectant mother in all aspects of pre-natal, childbirth and post-natal care. It is designed to empower her to be knowledgeable, calm and fully in control throughout and not to fear childbirth in any way. The easibirthing® method is the UK model, developed in conjunction with UK midwives and heavily supported by clinical evidence. Birth partners are encouraged to be fully involved. Statistics show that this results in a more comfortable labour and birth, lower incidence of required anaesthesia or medical intervention and stronger bonding between mother, partner and child. A course of 5-6 sessions starting around the 20th week of pregnancy, where possible, will provide all the tools you need. Check my hypnobirthing website for more details: www.hypnobabies-sw.co.uk
Benefits of easibirthing® include:
- Releasing unnecessary fears about childbirth…no matter where those fears originate
- Learning how to relax and stay calm, centred and in control – regardless of what’s happening around you
- Applying correct breathing techniques, as opposed to the panting that most people are taught in ante-natal classes.) The form of breathing taught in hypnosis actually assists the birth, whereas the classic ‘panting’ is a form of hyperventilation.
- How to massively reduce the need for any medication at all
- How to reduce your risk of needing an episiotomy, (being cut,) during birth
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff – what questions to ask, when and when to let them take charge
- Considerably shorter labour and birthing
- Significantly fewer surgical births - researched evidence backs this up!
- High number of comfortable, natural births with no technological assistance
- In a study done at the University of Vermont, of 100 women at 37 to 40 weeks, there was a 81% success rate with hypnosis assisting breech-presented babies to turn into appropriate birthing position, using posture and hypnosis
- Significantly lowered incidence of post-natal depression
- An altogether more comfortable and relaxed labour
During easibirthing® classes, you’ll learn exactly why your body does what it does, as well as how. The classes are structured, but also friendly and informal. They teach you all about the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of birth. easibirthing® techniques work really effectively with home births, water births and hospital births.
Benefits for your baby:
- We find that babies born using easibirthing® tend to be calmer, feed better, sleep better and experience less trauma, simply because the mother is so much more relaxed, confident and in control throughout the birth.
- Scientific research has also shown that the babies usually have higher Apgar scores as well (a measure of how well your baby is doing immediately after the birth, and then five minutes later).
- Your partner becomes an integral part of the birthing process, helping you to be relaxed, calm and focussed on all the techniques you have learned.
easibirthing® has shown in research, to create stronger bonding between mother, partner and baby, as the fathers, instead of feeling removed from the process, (as is often reported,) feel proud to have been an active part of the birth.
Hypnosis for fertility - benefits include:
- Greater chance of natural conception, in part due to a more relaxed state of mind and body
- Hypnosis as an adjunct, has been shown to double the rate of IVF success
- Reduced incidence of depression reported, for those facing possible long-term infertility
Read more about clinical evidence for fertility here