We all get stressed from time to time but if you feel very out of sorts then here is a quick checklist of dos and don’ts. This is a useful list, but I don’t want you to look at it and get even more stressed! So can I give you a little bit of guidance about how to use it?
Gradual is good, so if you see ways you can change on this list, then start with just one thing a week and enjoy making the change.
Some things on the list might need some outside help to achieve. So if you are still smoking, or drinking too much then think about visiting a hypnotherapist for help. You can contact me and I will either arrange to see you myself or give you some recommendations about finding a good hypnotherapist.
Some things are about your attitude and how you see the world. Again, you might find it helpful to see a hypnotherapist or another complementary therapist to help.
Finally, some things are long-term, like getting a job which enables you to live a calm and happy life. Just because they feel difficult don’t write off doing anything about them. Talk to friends and family, take some outside advice, ask if, for example, you would be happier with a lower paid but less onerous job.
Work on being happy, you are worth it
Do these things to live a healthy calm life
- Eat at least one hot meal a day
- Sleep for at least 7 hours a night, at least 4 nights a week
- Take gentle exercise at least 4 days a week
Don’t do these things, they will add to stress and damage your wellbeing
- Drink more than 14 units a week or on more than 4 days a week
- Drink more than 4 cups of coffee a day
Try to create things which help your happiness
- Friendships, one person near to you who you can ask a favour or see for a chat can make all the difference.
- A healthy weight
- An attitude of openness, try to say what you think
- A time when you just have FUN at least once a week
- Quiet time for yourself at least once a day
Plan to get these in the long-term
- A job where your commute is less than an hour a day
- An income and a lifestyle which match