Childbirth has the potential to be one of the most wonderful experiences of our lives. It is a natural, psychological process that a woman’s body is completely equipped for.
Hypnosis in childbirth is a highly researched and documented subject and the results of numerous trials show just how valuable it is right through the process from inception, to the birth and afterwards, during the transition to parenthood.
Utilising positive suggestion, correct diaphragmatic breathing, guided visualisation and self-hypnosis techniques, I help you to prepare for the coming event. I teach you how to manage your pain and to learn to trust your body, which knows exactly what to do and when. This allows you to enter labour feeling calm, confident and in control.
As a Clinical Hypnotherapist who specialises in anxiety and stress, I have chosen the easibirthing® model, which has been around for well over 20 years now, as I believe it to be the finest model of hypnobirthing available. It is in fact, the only registered trademark in the UK for the birthing world, having been developed in conjunction with UK midwives . Using the easibirthing® model, you are totally empowered to manage your individual experience, rather than fearing it.
It has been shown that hypnobirthing can help with:
- · Reducing anxiety and fear
- · Turning breech babies naturally
- · Phobia of injections, medical instruments or hospitals
- · Management of stress during the ante-natal period
- · Mental preparation for the transition to parenthood
- · PTSD, (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,) possibly arising from a previous traumatic birth
- · Stress, anxiety, depression, following the baby’s birth
Numerous scientific studies have been carried out on the effects of the whole birth experience from women who has used hypnotherapy: H Using the easibirthing® model, you are empowered to manage your individual experience, rather than fearing it.ere are just three statistics:
- · Hypnosis can reduce labour time by ½, to an average of 4.5 hours
- · Hypnosis reduced the need for analgesia during labour by 13 times
- · Hypnosis has been proven to reduce medical intervention by 84%