Weight Management

Weight management hypnosis works to reprogramme your subconscious mind to permanently adopt new and healthy eating habits, and creating within you, an entirely fresh approach to what you eat, how much and why.

Incorporating exercise, achievable goal-setting and dietary factors, hypnotherapy is a very sound and safe method of tackling all aspects of this complex issue . Through hypnosis you learn to clearly visualise the positive effect on your self-esteem, your overall appearance, your fitness and your energy levels, as the pounds fall away.

All these things are perfectly attainable through hypnosis, providing you are fully committed to making the necessary changes. To assist this you will have, incorporated into your sessions, specific work on self-belief and confidence boosting along with achievable (and believable) goal setting and targets.

One of the most effective single tips I can offer, to help you lose weight comfortably and manageably, is to follow the 80/20 approach.

This means that 80% of the time, you follow a balanced, sensible diet, full of fresh fruit, different coloured vegetables, meat. fish and poultry/game. The remaining 20% of the time, you can indulge in your favourite ‘naughties.’

One of the main reasons that diets fail, is because people try to starve themselves of the things they love the most.

What this does to the brain, is to cause such a desire to eat that forbidden food item, that it becomes almost an obsession and eventually nothing else will do! So what happens next is that your willpower gives up and you find yourself gorging on that cake or pack of biscuits, or high calorie pudding, chocolate or whatever it is you find so hard to resist.

Once you have gorged and finished, you feel even worse about yourself and your chances of losing weight and so the resolve weakens, as you find yourself feeling like a failure and adopting that ‘0h what the hell’ thinking. Sound familiar?

When you follow the 80/20 approach, you find that because you CAN have the things you love, albeit in moderation, your brain does not crave them as it would have done and so you simple decide when your 20% is going to happen, say, all on one weekend day, or whether you spread it out through the week. but what we do know is that IT WORKS.

So try it and never feel you have to literally deny yourself that delicious bar of chocolate again. have these things during your week.

Is it healthy?

It certainly can be. Following an 80/20 diet can help you maintain a balanced mindset about eating, experts say. “Being healthy doesn’t require eating 'perfectly'—whatever that might be,” says Rachael Hartley, RD, a dietitian at Avocado A Day Nutrition LLC and co-founder of the Joyful Eating, Nourished Life program. “If 80% of your diet consists of nutritious whole foods, there’s room for the other 20% to come from fun foods without compromising health,” she says.